The Botereid

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Altman

Is it just me, or does Robert Altman not come off sounding all that intelligent in this interview with the Onion? At first it's pretty good, but then his answers just seem to tail off into nonsense; eg.

O: Do you consider yourself pessimistic about human nature?

RA: No, I don't at all. I find myself rather optimistic. But I think you have to show the truth. The truth doesn't necessarily follow anybody around and behave accordingly. It has its own behavior. When I do a piece and people say, 'Gosh, that had kind of a downer ending,' I don't feel that way at all. I feel I've just shown a piece of the truth. I consider that a positive.

I don't mean to say he comes off as stupid, just sort of disappointing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home